X99-Deluxe II Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the X99-Deluxe II utilizes a Realtek ALC1150 codec along with a Texas Instruments R45801 amplifier and an assortment of Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors. The motherboard also has a physical divider for each of the audio channels and to separate the audio plane from the rest of the motherboard.
The first Intel NIC uses the integrated MAC in the PCH with an Intel i218v PHY. The second Intel NIC is from an Intel i211AT standalone Gbit Ethernet controller.
The motherboard uses two ASMedia ASM1142 USB 3.1 controllers for the four rear USB 3.1 ports (three type-A and one type-C). An EtronTech EJ179V is used as the type-C switch.
The ASMedia ASM1184e is a PCI-E hub that takes one PCI-E 3.0 lane and provides three more for one of the NICs, the Wi-Fi card, and a PCI-E x1 slot. The 3x3 Wi-Fi/BT card is based on the AzureWave BCM94360HMB.
Two Texas Instruments DS80PCI800 x4 PCI-E 3.0 repeaters with equalization help strengthen PCI-E signaling for the U.2 and M.2 connections. The chip labeled SB3572U is used as the RGB LED controller on the motherboard.
The main SuperIO on the X99-Deluxe II is the nuvoTon NCT6791D. An ASMedia ASM1074 is a USB 3.0 hub.
ASUS uses a lot of customized microcontrollers to support many of their unique features. The chip labeled MACRO controls the Macro key feature. The chip labeled BIOS offers the USB BIOS FlashBack feature to recover the 128Mbit ROM in the DIP socket if it corrupts.
The U60531Y is a clock generator to increase BCLK margins. There are two chips labeled TPU, and they are in control of ASUS's TPU features for automatic overclocking and other custom ASUS features.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard retails for $419 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard retails for £366 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Deluxe II Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS X99-Deluxe II Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS X99-Deluxe II Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions