Packaging and Overview
The X150M-PRO ECC's box carries the same camouflage aesthetic as the motherboard's heat sinks. If you didn't already notice, the motherboard supports ECC memory. Packaging is basic, and the motherboard comes in an anti-static bag.
Accessories include 2x SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, case badge, driver DVD, and manuals.
The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC has four 4-pin fan headers. The one circled in red is a 4-pin PWM mode fan header, and the three circled in blue are 4-pin voltage mode headers that will control both PWM and voltage mode fans.
The motherboard has a black PCB, but it's not matte. The heat sinks are black with desert camouflage highlights. The slots are tan in color to match the heat sink highlights, and the motherboard doesn't look too bad. If you wanted a Mini-ITX camo-style build, this motherboard would fit the ticket. The back of the motherboard's PCB is very bare; there are some yellow LEDs for the audio PCB divide.
The IO panel on the X150M-PRO ECC has four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN port, PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is very simple. The first x16 slot (closest to the CPU) operates at x16 PCI-E 3.0 at all times. The last x16 PCI-E slot operates at x4 PCI-E 3.0 at all times. There are two PCI slots that get their bandwidth from an ASMedia PCI-E to PCI chip.
A USB 3.0 internal header is located right below the 24-pin motherboard power connector. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports that are angled straight up. The SATA Express connector can only be used with SATA Express drives, its two SATA 6Gb/s ports do not work with standard SATA drives. Surprisingly, GIGABYTE included an x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot for the fastest M.2 drives.
In the lower right-hand corner of the motherboard are the case headers. The motherboard also carries two USB 2.0 headers, a TPM header, LPT header, COM header, and audio header.
The heat sinks make excellent contact with the motherboard and cool the components very well.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for $119 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for £87 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series