Packaging and Overview
The X150M-PRO ECC's box carries the same camouflage aesthetic as the motherboard's heat sinks. If you didn't already notice, the motherboard supports ECC memory. Packaging is basic, and the motherboard comes in an anti-static bag.
Accessories include 2x SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, case badge, driver DVD, and manuals.
The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC has four 4-pin fan headers. The one circled in red is a 4-pin PWM mode fan header, and the three circled in blue are 4-pin voltage mode headers that will control both PWM and voltage mode fans.
The motherboard has a black PCB, but it's not matte. The heat sinks are black with desert camouflage highlights. The slots are tan in color to match the heat sink highlights, and the motherboard doesn't look too bad. If you wanted a Mini-ITX camo-style build, this motherboard would fit the ticket. The back of the motherboard's PCB is very bare; there are some yellow LEDs for the audio PCB divide.
The IO panel on the X150M-PRO ECC has four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN port, PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is very simple. The first x16 slot (closest to the CPU) operates at x16 PCI-E 3.0 at all times. The last x16 PCI-E slot operates at x4 PCI-E 3.0 at all times. There are two PCI slots that get their bandwidth from an ASMedia PCI-E to PCI chip.
A USB 3.0 internal header is located right below the 24-pin motherboard power connector. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports that are angled straight up. The SATA Express connector can only be used with SATA Express drives, its two SATA 6Gb/s ports do not work with standard SATA drives. Surprisingly, GIGABYTE included an x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot for the fastest M.2 drives.
In the lower right-hand corner of the motherboard are the case headers. The motherboard also carries two USB 2.0 headers, a TPM header, LPT header, COM header, and audio header.
The heat sinks make excellent contact with the motherboard and cool the components very well.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for $119 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for £87 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM