Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
Setup hasn't changed much for QNAP over the past year. We still follow the QTS routine as seen above. I chose home use for this review.
Moving on, I set up the admin information.
We then come to the services setup, where you can choose what you would like to utilize.
Our drive setup uses four Toshiba 3.5" drives and a single Crucial 250GB in the 2.5" bay for caching.
Lastly, we have the overview of our setup.
The desktop has changed slightly since I last used a QNAP appliance. Several apps sit on the desktop waiting for first use before they install. And at the top right, we have a new taskbar.
The control panel is similar but does have a few new items added but a familiar layout.
The app center includes quite a few programs ready for download which are categorized on the left pane.
Added since my last use is this performance monitor that gives you an overview of the performance of your drives, CPU, memory, and LAN.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for $1299 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for £1126 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM