Hardware & Documentation
In a small bag, we found all the hardware needed to get the system built. There are four thumbscrews, which we are not sure why they are included, a motherboard speaker, and a socket and a few standoffs. There is also a large amount of fan screws, PSU screws, Chroma bracket screws, SSD screws, and the motherboard screws.
Standard plastic rails are also offered to install the 3.5" drives. Simply align the pins into the screw holes of the HDD, and slide them and the drive into the cage until the clips lock into place. There are thin rubber pads around the pins which should help to eliminate any vibrations that might otherwise pass through them and into the chassis.
BitFenix includes five plastic zip-ties to help manage the wiring. They also send along this AURA ready Chroma SSD bracket. This mounts to the bottom of an SSD or any 2.5" drive, and with the switch on the front of the chassis, it will illuminate the LED strip to the right in many color choices. Just keep pushing the button until the desired color is achieved.
The manual is thorough, covers how many of each bit you should have in the hardware, and through large renderings and a few choice words here and there, they should get you through the build process.
BitFenix also sent us a few fans, and with a bunch of empty holes to fill, these white LED Spectre Xtreme LED fans will fill this chassis nicely. We will be testing the chassis with just the stock fan, as well as with it filled up, but keep in mind this is a $57.97 upgrade.
In that same box, we also found these sets of Alchemy 2.0 LED kits. On the left are 30cm and 60cm kits of LED strips. But they come with a magnetic control box as well as magnetic switches to turn the LEDs on and off, or adjust the various colors. The kits to the right are the standard variety, but can be added on to the end of the other two kits. At the minimum, to have this amount of lighting to add in, this is at least $80 is lighting, and realistically much closer to $100.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit