The motherboard looks nice in the nude. The block diagram of motherboard connectivity shows that there isn't too much switching or sharing of bandwidth going on.
The VRM for the CPU has eight phases. A lot of the VRM components use MSI's military spec hardware. Each phase gets a "Ti" branded inductor, and the VRM uses ten 560uF solid polymer capacitors.
MSI uses the Intersil advanced linear EAPP digital 6-phase green PWM controller which features solid phase shedding to save power at idle and NVM memory onboard for different profiles. To get the eight phases, MSI used four PWM phases and doubled them with four ISL6611A phase doubler/dual driver chips. Each phase gets four MOSFETs, two high-side and two low-side. The low RDS(ON) MOSFETs are from NIKOS and are PK616BA and PK632BA.
The memory VRM for each set of four DIMMs is identical, with two phases for each set of four DIMMs. The PWM controller is a digital 2-phase VRM from ROHM Semiconductor, the PV3203. Each of the phases for both sets of VRMs uses two NIKOS PK632BA for the low-side and a single NIKOS PK616BA for the high-side.
PRICING: You can find the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard retails for $330 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard retails for £349 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit