At idle, the G701 is quite cool. It does not get very hot, which makes it harder for my thermal camera to pick up a clear picture. While that's bad news for my camera, it's great news for the G701, since it won't get hot or loud when you conduct standard low-load activities.
The notebook gets warm at load, but not very hot. The cooling system does an excellent job of moving the heat from the CPU and GPU out through the rear. The fans did spin up, but they did not get very loud. I was very impressed by the cooling and noise performance of the G701, considering its included hardware.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook retails for $3270 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- Thieves rob van full of Total War: Warhammer 2 CE's
- AI detects Alzheimer's 10 years before symptoms happen
- Analyst: iPhone X hype will hurt iPhone 8 pre-orders
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- ASUS H97-Plus Various Boot Issues
- Transcend StoreJet 25C3N 1TB Portable HDD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower