At idle, the G701 is quite cool. It does not get very hot, which makes it harder for my thermal camera to pick up a clear picture. While that's bad news for my camera, it's great news for the G701, since it won't get hot or loud when you conduct standard low-load activities.
The notebook gets warm at load, but not very hot. The cooling system does an excellent job of moving the heat from the CPU and GPU out through the rear. The fans did spin up, but they did not get very loud. I was very impressed by the cooling and noise performance of the G701, considering its included hardware.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook retails for $3270 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- Marvel writer hired for Netflix's Witcher show
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series