Inside the Carbide Air 740
The front of the Air 740 can be removed. It uses nine clips to hold it tightly to the chassis. The switches and wiring are attached to the chassis and not the bezel, and we also find a large magnetic dust filter stuck to the front of the frame.
When building in the chassis, we do recommend removing the side panel by lifting it up off of its hinges. For day to day usage, though, the door swings open past 180 degrees and delivers ample access to the interior for parts swapping of maintenance.
We can see a bit of tape holding the 2.5" drive rack to the motherboard tray for shipping, and the wiring is bundled together, and then run through a grommet to keep it from doing any harm to the window.
With no drive bays to block the airflow, components are kept cool by this pair of 140mm fans. They can be adjusted up and down, and wiring is easily hidden due to the proximity of the holes and grommets that run along the front edge of the motherboard tray. This area will also support up to three 120mm fans too.
The top of the chassis offers two large round holes in which to mount fans. The mounting holes are slots, which allows for different fan spacing, as well as offering the option of 120mm and 140mm mounting holes.
The motherboard tray takes up the entire panel in this design. With grommets above, to the right, and below, wiring can be kept clean and for the most part hidden from view. The CPU cooler access is large, the tray is clearly marked for standoffs, and tiny screws in the top right corner lock the HDD rack into the chassis.
The floor of the chassis mimics the top panel, offering two large holes and the same fan installation options. With no PSU to block anything, water cooling is capable of being placed here as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit