Inside the Carbide Air 740
The front of the Air 740 can be removed. It uses nine clips to hold it tightly to the chassis. The switches and wiring are attached to the chassis and not the bezel, and we also find a large magnetic dust filter stuck to the front of the frame.
When building in the chassis, we do recommend removing the side panel by lifting it up off of its hinges. For day to day usage, though, the door swings open past 180 degrees and delivers ample access to the interior for parts swapping of maintenance.
We can see a bit of tape holding the 2.5" drive rack to the motherboard tray for shipping, and the wiring is bundled together, and then run through a grommet to keep it from doing any harm to the window.
With no drive bays to block the airflow, components are kept cool by this pair of 140mm fans. They can be adjusted up and down, and wiring is easily hidden due to the proximity of the holes and grommets that run along the front edge of the motherboard tray. This area will also support up to three 120mm fans too.
The top of the chassis offers two large round holes in which to mount fans. The mounting holes are slots, which allows for different fan spacing, as well as offering the option of 120mm and 140mm mounting holes.
The motherboard tray takes up the entire panel in this design. With grommets above, to the right, and below, wiring can be kept clean and for the most part hidden from view. The CPU cooler access is large, the tray is clearly marked for standoffs, and tiny screws in the top right corner lock the HDD rack into the chassis.
The floor of the chassis mimics the top panel, offering two large holes and the same fan installation options. With no PSU to block anything, water cooling is capable of being placed here as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!