Lenovo's Smart Manager is loaded with settings and is almost like an extension of Window's control panel. Almost all of Lenovo's custom settings are located in the manager, and you can even check up on your battery's health and status and change the way the fans blow to cool down the notebook.
The notebook is location aware through the location of the WIFI connection. The camera's contrast, brightness, and exposure can be changed.
There is an airplane power mode to limit AC power draw so that the 230W adapter won't trip the over current protection on the plane. The always-on USB port can also be altered through the application, and a 30-day standby mode can be turned on in case you need long-term power. Other features such as EasyResume, Battery Stretch, and Battery Charge Threshold can be turned on if you want to use them.
You also have the ability to change major settings controlling the way the track point and touchpad work and the backlight in the keyboard.
The application even lets you set up a mobile hotspot and control playback device settings.
Microphone settings are also available, so is display brightness.
The color calibration software is capable of reminding you to recalibrate and allows you to set a white point and a tone response.
Lenovo also has a solution center that can test and diagnose problems with the hardware in your notebook. It can independently test the CPU, memory, and motherboard.
Storage, video, and wireless devices can also be tested.
Dolby audio software comes preinstalled as does Lenovo's active protection system.
The ThinkPad P70's BIOS is loaded with options to lock down and secure the machine as well as configure different operating modes for the hardware. For those security conscious organizations that want their hardware locked down or remotely controlled, the BIOS is ready to deliver. For normal users, there are also settings for configuring accessibility features, such as switching the CTRL and Windows keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- Treasure hunt started for Dibalo III Eternal Collection
- COD: Black Ops 4 patch unlocks FPS cap in ALL modes on PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 89GB HDD space
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam