Lenovo's Smart Manager is loaded with settings and is almost like an extension of Window's control panel. Almost all of Lenovo's custom settings are located in the manager, and you can even check up on your battery's health and status and change the way the fans blow to cool down the notebook.
The notebook is location aware through the location of the WIFI connection. The camera's contrast, brightness, and exposure can be changed.
There is an airplane power mode to limit AC power draw so that the 230W adapter won't trip the over current protection on the plane. The always-on USB port can also be altered through the application, and a 30-day standby mode can be turned on in case you need long-term power. Other features such as EasyResume, Battery Stretch, and Battery Charge Threshold can be turned on if you want to use them.
You also have the ability to change major settings controlling the way the track point and touchpad work and the backlight in the keyboard.
The application even lets you set up a mobile hotspot and control playback device settings.
Microphone settings are also available, so is display brightness.
The color calibration software is capable of reminding you to recalibrate and allows you to set a white point and a tone response.
Lenovo also has a solution center that can test and diagnose problems with the hardware in your notebook. It can independently test the CPU, memory, and motherboard.
Storage, video, and wireless devices can also be tested.
Dolby audio software comes preinstalled as does Lenovo's active protection system.
The ThinkPad P70's BIOS is loaded with options to lock down and secure the machine as well as configure different operating modes for the hardware. For those security conscious organizations that want their hardware locked down or remotely controlled, the BIOS is ready to deliver. For normal users, there are also settings for configuring accessibility features, such as switching the CTRL and Windows keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rumor: Battlefield Bad Company 3 in development
- Analyst: Battlefront II in-game spend could break $100m
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series