Lenovo's Smart Manager is loaded with settings and is almost like an extension of Window's control panel. Almost all of Lenovo's custom settings are located in the manager, and you can even check up on your battery's health and status and change the way the fans blow to cool down the notebook.
The notebook is location aware through the location of the WIFI connection. The camera's contrast, brightness, and exposure can be changed.
There is an airplane power mode to limit AC power draw so that the 230W adapter won't trip the over current protection on the plane. The always-on USB port can also be altered through the application, and a 30-day standby mode can be turned on in case you need long-term power. Other features such as EasyResume, Battery Stretch, and Battery Charge Threshold can be turned on if you want to use them.
You also have the ability to change major settings controlling the way the track point and touchpad work and the backlight in the keyboard.
The application even lets you set up a mobile hotspot and control playback device settings.
Microphone settings are also available, so is display brightness.
The color calibration software is capable of reminding you to recalibrate and allows you to set a white point and a tone response.
Lenovo also has a solution center that can test and diagnose problems with the hardware in your notebook. It can independently test the CPU, memory, and motherboard.
Storage, video, and wireless devices can also be tested.
Dolby audio software comes preinstalled as does Lenovo's active protection system.
The ThinkPad P70's BIOS is loaded with options to lock down and secure the machine as well as configure different operating modes for the hardware. For those security conscious organizations that want their hardware locked down or remotely controlled, the BIOS is ready to deliver. For normal users, there are also settings for configuring accessibility features, such as switching the CTRL and Windows keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM