Inside the Hermes RGB
Less than a dozen screws hold the frame together, and once removed, we can see the two halves of the frame. The upper section allows for all the keys to pass through, and offers the wrist rest, while the lower section is ribbed to help support the steel plate that rides on top of them.
Picking a random spot on the PCB, we see here that the soldering is done well, and the residue was removed after this process. The PCB is flat in texture, and is what you see around the switches; that is not flux.
Without much to go off of online, we see only that the 32-bit ARM processor of choice is this IC. It shows the model number HSAK3201, but with nothing to follow, not even a manufacturer of this chip, it is hard to say for sure what sort of specifications it has.
Under a few of the key caps, we indeed find blue switches, of the Kailh variety. We can also see that with the larger keys, the torsion bars are fully exposed, and can make key cap removal a bit more delicate.
The caps are molded in white plastic, which allows the LED lighting to pass through them. Their caps are then painted black, leaving the various legends clear, which now show as white.
One of the many options for LED lighting is the Wave mode. Using this currently, we can see the whole spectrum of lighting the Hermes is capable of. Keep in mind, this is only one of many modes, and of course, the whole thing can be made to show one solid color as well.
PRICING: You can find the GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $87 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series