The Z170X-Designare, along with the rest of GIGABYTE's refreshed models, come with a brand new UEFI. Compared to GIGABYTE's last generation, the new UEFI has GUI-based fan control options, full RGB LED feature control, and still maintains the old layout style. Having used GIGABYTE motherboards in the past, I can say that their new UEFI brings their offerings up to par with the rest of the industry. In fact, their RGB LED control is more extensive than on many other motherboards with RGB support, the only thing missing is individual zone color control.
Overall, options are straightforward, and there didn't seem to be anything missing. There are fewer PWM control options, but that is because a different PWM controller chip is being used.
GIGABYTE includes many separate software applications, all of which can be found under the APP Center. They include @BIOS, 3D OSD, AutoGreen, USB Blocker, BIOS Setup, Ambient LED, Color Temperature, Cloud Station client and server, Smart TimeLock, V-Tuner, EasyTune, System Information Viewer, Smart Backup, EZ RAID, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for $250 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for £180 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM