The Z170X-Designare, along with the rest of GIGABYTE's refreshed models, come with a brand new UEFI. Compared to GIGABYTE's last generation, the new UEFI has GUI-based fan control options, full RGB LED feature control, and still maintains the old layout style. Having used GIGABYTE motherboards in the past, I can say that their new UEFI brings their offerings up to par with the rest of the industry. In fact, their RGB LED control is more extensive than on many other motherboards with RGB support, the only thing missing is individual zone color control.
Overall, options are straightforward, and there didn't seem to be anything missing. There are fewer PWM control options, but that is because a different PWM controller chip is being used.
GIGABYTE includes many separate software applications, all of which can be found under the APP Center. They include @BIOS, 3D OSD, AutoGreen, USB Blocker, BIOS Setup, Ambient LED, Color Temperature, Cloud Station client and server, Smart TimeLock, V-Tuner, EasyTune, System Information Viewer, Smart Backup, EZ RAID, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for $250 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for £180 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit