The Z170X-Ultra Gaming carries GIGABYTE's latest BIOS, which features a new color theme and more settings for fan control. One of the biggest weaknesses of the previous GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards was the lack of GUI fan control in the UEFI. The new series of X99 and Z170 GIGABYTE motherboards have revamped fan control, and in some cases, you can choose if you want the header to work in voltage or PWM mode.
The new UEFI offers fan control through a GUI, so you don't need to setup fan control through Windows programs. The UEFI also has overclocking settings you might need to produce a decent overclock, there are limited PWM controls (you can control the LLC), but not as much as GIGABYTE's higher-end offerings.
GIGABYTE includes many different software applications. They include Color Temperature, Ambient LED, BIOS Setup (change some BIOS settings from Windows), AutoGreen, APP Center (all the other applications can be accessed through APP Center), EasyRAID, Platform Power Management, Cloud Station, OSD, EasyTune, System Information Viewer, Smart TimeLock, Smart Backup, V-Tuner, @BIOS, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for $170 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for £167 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series