The Z170X-Ultra Gaming carries GIGABYTE's latest BIOS, which features a new color theme and more settings for fan control. One of the biggest weaknesses of the previous GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards was the lack of GUI fan control in the UEFI. The new series of X99 and Z170 GIGABYTE motherboards have revamped fan control, and in some cases, you can choose if you want the header to work in voltage or PWM mode.
The new UEFI offers fan control through a GUI, so you don't need to setup fan control through Windows programs. The UEFI also has overclocking settings you might need to produce a decent overclock, there are limited PWM controls (you can control the LLC), but not as much as GIGABYTE's higher-end offerings.
GIGABYTE includes many different software applications. They include Color Temperature, Ambient LED, BIOS Setup (change some BIOS settings from Windows), AutoGreen, APP Center (all the other applications can be accessed through APP Center), EasyRAID, Platform Power Management, Cloud Station, OSD, EasyTune, System Information Viewer, Smart TimeLock, Smart Backup, V-Tuner, @BIOS, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for $170 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for £167 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit