It's been a while since I reviewed an Intel Z170-based motherboard, but over the past few months, we have seen vendors launching newer models. GIGABYTE launched two new high-end motherboards at Computex, the Z170X-Ultra Gaming, and the Z170X-Designare. Both motherboards are targeted towards the two largest subsets of Z170 buyers; gamers and power users. The Z170X-Ultra Gaming differs from most of GIGABYTE's previous Z170 gaming products. It has a neutral color look, it has metal shielding instead of plastic, it features U.2, and it carries some of GIGABYTE's newer features such as 100W USB Type-C support.
The Z170X-Ultra Gaming is basically a refreshed Z170 motherboard with the latest features. Its color theme is worth noting because many users had asked for more color-neutral motherboards. If users decide to disable the red LEDs, then the motherboard will be all black with some hints of silver. If they decide to leave the LEDs on, then a very red color theme with diffused LEDs will appear, and it doesn't look half bad.
Let's take a closer look at the Z170X-Ultra Gaming.
The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming has a lot of high-end features, including Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, U.2, M.2 (32Gb/s), USB 3.0, and SATA 6Gb/s.
The Z170X-Ultra Gaming is available from many large retailers for roughly $170.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]