Steven's Motherboard Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6950X
- Cooler: Corsair H115i GT - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x8GB) 3200MHz
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - SATA6G Drive: Corsair Force LS 240GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - M.2 Drive: Samsung XP941 256GB
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10
- Monitor: ASUS PA328 ProArt 32" 4K
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX
- Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB
- Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless
- BIOS: L1.1
- Drivers: Intel INF: 10.1.2.19, Intel ME: 126.96.36.1996, Intel LAN: 20.7, NVIDIA Graphics: 353.82, Audio: V7836
The motherboard doesn't have much regarding active lighting to improve aesthetics, but it should look good in a red themed build.
The new test bench is designed to test every aspect of the motherboard and IO. I have designed it so that the motherboard sits in a case and is cooled by fans always on at a constant rate to keep the conditions similar during all tests. I have cut out part of the case behind the motherboard so I can get thermal images of the back of the PCB where the VRM heat spreads. System and CPU power measurements are now digitally logged.
I am also using a Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 for our network (including wireless AC) tests. The latest M.2, SSD, and USB technologies are also being utilized to test the maximum potential of the motherboards that are tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- PUBG's backstory is a Lex Luthor puppetmaster fantasy dream
- Human-based AI solves Rubik's Cube in 28 moves, 1.2 seconds
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer