Streaming, New Tech & Features
The gaming market is filled with so many different things these days, compared to the 90s when I was gaming like a mad teenager that didn't need Redbull to stay up all night and get my Quake fix. We have Twitch streaming where 1.7 million active broadcasters are on Twitch per month, with 100 million viewers.
These are some pretty crazy numbers, considering Twitch has only been around for a few years, and I can still hear the echo of parents from yesteryear, and unfortunately even from today "but Johnny, you can't make money playing those damn games!".
Vulkan & DX12
While it stands, Vulkan and DX12-powered games are few and far between, but there are some exciting ones on the way. Right now, we have Hitman and DOOM, but soon we'll have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Battlefield 1, which will cement AMD's position in the post-DX11 world I hope will soon emerge from the ashes.
AMD has been dominating the Vulkan side of things, with improved performance in games like DOOM with up to 30% more performance. That's not a bad improvement over the OpenGL version of the game and is a free bonus to the Radeon RX series graphics cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM