250W Under Load
AMD's new Polaris architecture is power efficient, but NVIDIA really nailed the power efficient GPU game with Pascal. NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1070 is a much faster card, and it consumes 21% less power. But, if we compare the new SAPPHIRE Nitro Radeon RX 470 against the likes of the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB, it uses 10W more.
Temperature & Noise
These new graphics cards on the 14nm and 16nm FinFET process are getting a little hot under the collar already, but SAPPHIRE keeps its cool with the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB. Under 100% load in our gaming and benchmark sessions, where I may have played 10 hours or more of Overwatch testing out Lucio, the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB stayed at an average of 72C.
Even at 72C, the card wasn't running overly hot, nor did the Dual-X cooler have its fans spool up. I didn't play around with the fan curve at all, but you could keep the card much cooler by tweaking the fan speed up when the card gets to 50-60C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series