250W Under Load
AMD's new Polaris architecture is power efficient, but NVIDIA really nailed the power efficient GPU game with Pascal. NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1070 is a much faster card, and it consumes 21% less power. But, if we compare the new SAPPHIRE Nitro Radeon RX 470 against the likes of the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB, it uses 10W more.
Temperature & Noise
These new graphics cards on the 14nm and 16nm FinFET process are getting a little hot under the collar already, but SAPPHIRE keeps its cool with the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB. Under 100% load in our gaming and benchmark sessions, where I may have played 10 hours or more of Overwatch testing out Lucio, the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB stayed at an average of 72C.
Even at 72C, the card wasn't running overly hot, nor did the Dual-X cooler have its fans spool up. I didn't play around with the fan curve at all, but you could keep the card much cooler by tweaking the fan speed up when the card gets to 50-60C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard