Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Sequential read performance allowed the RN214 to compete and even outperform the latest appliances on the market. RAID 0 came in at 117 MB/s while RAID 5 touched 110 MB/s.
Sequential write too was good with 115 MB/s in RAID 0 and 108 MB/s for RAID 5 and 10.
Benchmarks – SMB Workloads
SMB workloads were a bit harder for the RN214. Database proved to be the best situation reaching close to 900 IOPS while the others were quite consistent between 400 and 600 IOPS.
Over to RAID 5 performance did tick up a notch as we have 950 IOPS in Database followed by 800 IOPS in File Server. The last three tests all stuck around 600 IOPS.
In our last test with RAID 10, Database was once again the top performer very near to 1000 IOPS. This was followed by 625 IOPS in File Server and a pretty consistent 500 IOPS with the last three tests.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $500 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £315 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit