Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Sequential read performance allowed the RN214 to compete and even outperform the latest appliances on the market. RAID 0 came in at 117 MB/s while RAID 5 touched 110 MB/s.
Sequential write too was good with 115 MB/s in RAID 0 and 108 MB/s for RAID 5 and 10.
Benchmarks – SMB Workloads
SMB workloads were a bit harder for the RN214. Database proved to be the best situation reaching close to 900 IOPS while the others were quite consistent between 400 and 600 IOPS.
Over to RAID 5 performance did tick up a notch as we have 950 IOPS in Database followed by 800 IOPS in File Server. The last three tests all stuck around 600 IOPS.
In our last test with RAID 10, Database was once again the top performer very near to 1000 IOPS. This was followed by 625 IOPS in File Server and a pretty consistent 500 IOPS with the last three tests.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $500 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £315 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit