The idle and load shots above are from the back of the unit. The system operates very coolly when at idle, partly due to the extreme power saving modes of the individual components. The GPU and CPU both will throttle down to lower frequencies, thus use less power, and not turn that power into heat.
The idle and load shots are of the inside of the computer after removing the side panel. After allowing the system to run IBT and Furmark for 30 minutes, the side panel was removed and then I immediately took the thermal image. The GPU gets warmer than the CPU, and this is common among many systems. Airflow was good, and there is nothing to worry about.
While the AVADirect Avant Mini Cube is an mATX system, it does utilize high-end components. These components use a decent amount of power to produce blistering fast speeds, and that is why this system has the highest power consumption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM