The idle and load shots above are from the back of the unit. The system operates very coolly when at idle, partly due to the extreme power saving modes of the individual components. The GPU and CPU both will throttle down to lower frequencies, thus use less power, and not turn that power into heat.
The idle and load shots are of the inside of the computer after removing the side panel. After allowing the system to run IBT and Furmark for 30 minutes, the side panel was removed and then I immediately took the thermal image. The GPU gets warmer than the CPU, and this is common among many systems. Airflow was good, and there is nothing to worry about.
While the AVADirect Avant Mini Cube is an mATX system, it does utilize high-end components. These components use a decent amount of power to produce blistering fast speeds, and that is why this system has the highest power consumption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]