Inside the SST-PM01 WA-W Continued
Aside from the sliding door at the front to allow radiators in the front, the PSU cover runs from the front to the back without interruption. There are two holes along the motherboard tray, and another near the left side for GPU wiring and SilverStone also paints their name along the side of it. At the bottom, as well as along the top, the six small white boxes at the bottom are blue LEDs to help flood the chassis with light.
Inside of the back panel of the PM01, we find a black 140mm fan used as the exhaust, and it is minus any LED lighting. The seven expansion slots are well ventilated, and use flathead Phillips screws to secure them.
Behind the motherboard tray, SilverStone offers hook and loop straps down the left side to contain the wiring. We also see that the manual and hardware are in a plastic bag found where the PSU is to be installed.
The PM01 also comes with a 12V fan hub capable of powering up to ten fans. Along with the trio of locations on the front of the motherboard tray, you could also use this pair of trays to mount them behind the tray.
Near the front of the chassis, way down at the bottom, we found an HDD cage capable of housing a trio of drives. These along with the holes in the floor will allow for four total 3.5" drives to be installed, PSU allowing.
The last section of the chassis is dedicated to the PSU, but can be used on the left for the HDD. There are raised sections of steel with rubber pads to support the PSU, along with a rail at the back to align it to be screwed into place.
In the wiring, we found two Molex connections, one for the fan hub, and the second to power all the blue LEDs via the switch. We also have the USB 2.0, native USB 3.0, HD Audio, and the button and LED wiring from the front panel, all of which is done in black.
PRICING: You can find the SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $110 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £100 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower