Inside the SST-PM01 WA-W Continued
Aside from the sliding door at the front to allow radiators in the front, the PSU cover runs from the front to the back without interruption. There are two holes along the motherboard tray, and another near the left side for GPU wiring and SilverStone also paints their name along the side of it. At the bottom, as well as along the top, the six small white boxes at the bottom are blue LEDs to help flood the chassis with light.
Inside of the back panel of the PM01, we find a black 140mm fan used as the exhaust, and it is minus any LED lighting. The seven expansion slots are well ventilated, and use flathead Phillips screws to secure them.
Behind the motherboard tray, SilverStone offers hook and loop straps down the left side to contain the wiring. We also see that the manual and hardware are in a plastic bag found where the PSU is to be installed.
The PM01 also comes with a 12V fan hub capable of powering up to ten fans. Along with the trio of locations on the front of the motherboard tray, you could also use this pair of trays to mount them behind the tray.
Near the front of the chassis, way down at the bottom, we found an HDD cage capable of housing a trio of drives. These along with the holes in the floor will allow for four total 3.5" drives to be installed, PSU allowing.
The last section of the chassis is dedicated to the PSU, but can be used on the left for the HDD. There are raised sections of steel with rubber pads to support the PSU, along with a rail at the back to align it to be screwed into place.
In the wiring, we found two Molex connections, one for the fan hub, and the second to power all the blue LEDs via the switch. We also have the USB 2.0, native USB 3.0, HD Audio, and the button and LED wiring from the front panel, all of which is done in black.
PRICING: You can find the SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $110 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SilverStone Primera PM01 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £100 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- Netflix's Witcher TV show gets 1st trailer, Geralt is HUGE
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price