Inside the Node 202
To open the Node 202, you need to remove the four screws from the bottom of the chassis, and you then flip the chassis over and remove the top cover. The large section of venting along the side, as well as the venting at the top, both come backed with a removable dust filter to make cleaning fairly easy.
With the top of the chassis out of our way, we get our first look inside of the Node 202. In this version, we can see the PSU on the right half, and for now, let's just address finding the hardware box and the PSU power cord on the left side.
The metal frame of the Node 202 is also resting inside of a plastic cover panel, the shiny bit we saw outside of the chassis. This is clipped to the steel frame with nine tabs that need to be unlocked, allowing access to the removable dust filter for the GPU.
Being the front of the chassis, on the left side, since our version comes with the PSU, we find the Integra SFX 450W PSU installed, as advertised. While you can fit a longer PSU into this location, keep in mind, you do still need some room for wiring of connectivity of modular cables.
On the center support rail of the chassis, again right along the front of the Node 202, we find this dual bay cage, which is removable. This allows a 2.5" drive to be installed on either side, and the wiring is contained at the closest end, near the large wiring hole in the center rail.
Moving towards the back of the chassis, on the same side as the PSU, we find the open-bottom motherboard tray. This will only fit Mini-ITX motherboards, but there will be no issues accessing the CPU cooler back plate.
Back in that center rail, we found a removable section of steel, with three standoffs in it, and a wide hole along the top. This is used along with a pair of GPU risers, to make possible that the video card can reside on the other side of the support rail.
Opposite the motherboard and PSU, this entire section is dedicated to the video card. There is plenty of room for factory cooled graphics cards, custom coolers, not so much. At the front edge of the chassis, within this section, is where the front I/O is, so with longer cards you do need to address wire management, as to be sure not to encroach on room needed by the card.
There is a long, internal, PSU power cable that delivers power from the back of the Node 202 to the front mounted PSU, but along with that is the front I/O wiring. There is length enough to get around anywhere in the chassis, yet at the same time, not too much. There are the HD Audio and native USB 3.0 connections, as well as leads for the power switch and power LED.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design Node 202 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for £72 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Node 202]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!