Inside the Node 202
To open the Node 202, you need to remove the four screws from the bottom of the chassis, and you then flip the chassis over and remove the top cover. The large section of venting along the side, as well as the venting at the top, both come backed with a removable dust filter to make cleaning fairly easy.
With the top of the chassis out of our way, we get our first look inside of the Node 202. In this version, we can see the PSU on the right half, and for now, let's just address finding the hardware box and the PSU power cord on the left side.
The metal frame of the Node 202 is also resting inside of a plastic cover panel, the shiny bit we saw outside of the chassis. This is clipped to the steel frame with nine tabs that need to be unlocked, allowing access to the removable dust filter for the GPU.
Being the front of the chassis, on the left side, since our version comes with the PSU, we find the Integra SFX 450W PSU installed, as advertised. While you can fit a longer PSU into this location, keep in mind, you do still need some room for wiring of connectivity of modular cables.
On the center support rail of the chassis, again right along the front of the Node 202, we find this dual bay cage, which is removable. This allows a 2.5" drive to be installed on either side, and the wiring is contained at the closest end, near the large wiring hole in the center rail.
Moving towards the back of the chassis, on the same side as the PSU, we find the open-bottom motherboard tray. This will only fit Mini-ITX motherboards, but there will be no issues accessing the CPU cooler back plate.
Back in that center rail, we found a removable section of steel, with three standoffs in it, and a wide hole along the top. This is used along with a pair of GPU risers, to make possible that the video card can reside on the other side of the support rail.
Opposite the motherboard and PSU, this entire section is dedicated to the video card. There is plenty of room for factory cooled graphics cards, custom coolers, not so much. At the front edge of the chassis, within this section, is where the front I/O is, so with longer cards you do need to address wire management, as to be sure not to encroach on room needed by the card.
There is a long, internal, PSU power cable that delivers power from the back of the Node 202 to the front mounted PSU, but along with that is the front I/O wiring. There is length enough to get around anywhere in the chassis, yet at the same time, not too much. There are the HD Audio and native USB 3.0 connections, as well as leads for the power switch and power LED.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design Node 202 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for £72 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Node 202]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit