Hardware & Documentation
Starting near twelve o'clock and moving clockwise, we will address the hardware. There is a pair of longer 6/32 screws to secure HDDs in the tray, and then four 2/32 thumbscrews for the PSU we assume. There is a trio of standoffs that are not in the motherboard tray, paper washers to isolate the motherboard, and M3 screws for the motherboard and 2.5" drive installation. There is a set of four long screws to install a fan in the front of the GX505, a set of standard fan screws, and hex head 6/32 screws we assume are for the expansion slots. Antec also includes a motherboard POST speaker found in the middle.
If you plan to install any 3.5" drives, you will need these rails. They rest against the side of the drive with pins and a ledge along the bottom, but you do need to use screws if you plan to move the chassis around. The plastic slides, the longer ones for the left side and the shorter ones for the right side, will side around inside of the cage without screws to lock them in place.
To help manage wiring, Antec ships the GX505 with five twist ties, which seems a bit old-school. There is also a sheet of sticker backed foam washers to help to isolate mechanical drives when installing them.
There is not so much of a manual for beginners; there is just a small folded bit of paper that shows images of the main components being installed, with no text help along the way. Antec also includes a product overview insert as well as information on the three-year AQ3 warranty that the GX505 Window SC is backed by.
PRICING: You can find the Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £46 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the GX505 Window SC]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- PUBG's backstory is a Lex Luthor puppetmaster fantasy dream
- Human-based AI solves Rubik's Cube in 28 moves, 1.2 seconds
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer