To begin with, let me refresh your memory just a bit. As I delved into the case in its original state, I had noted that all the blowholes were laser cut. This was a much neater method of forming the holes, and also did away with those unsightly jagged edges that can occur when drilling. It also made sure that all the holes were properly aligned so that the fans didn't look uneven.
Now, lets take that same technology and create a window in the side of the case panel. That's right the side panel has been laser cut as well. Smooth edges, no jaggies, and a very professional look all around. It also maintains the same positions for the twin 92mm fans. When tested, this caused the temperatures inside the case to be the same as they were in the unaltered form.
For securing the window, eight hex-headed screws were used along with a set of four plastic shims. The screws did a thorough job of holding the window firmly in place, and the shims made sure that there was a nice tight fit to the panel side. This makes for a good seal that won't let all your airflow escape from the case without doing its cooling job.
The inside of the panel looks just as professionally done as the front. Even though it won't be seen, that doesn't mean that it should be neglected. This is also where you get to appreciate the smooth cutting details of the laser process. Even when I ran my finger straight on the cut, I noticed no sharp edges that might cut me.
Installing the new windowed panel was as easy as removing the two fans and shims from the original cover and screwing them into the pre-cut holes of the plastic. Nothing could be simpler. Wouldn't it be nice if all modifications were this easy?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media