The SoC is cooled by a copper plate/heat sink. Thermal paste is used for the CPU core and a thermal pad for the PCH area. The fan is a Delta BSB05505HP.
The PCB carries a fair amount of controllers to provide the latest in connectivity. A CMOS battery is on the bottom of the PCB, but I doubt you will ever need to access it.
The i5-6200U is a Skylake-U based SoC; it contains the CPU core, iGPU, and PCH all on a single package with multiple dies. The CPU carries 3MB of SmartCache, operates 2/4 cores/threads at 2.3GHz base frequency with a 2.8GHz boost. Its TDP can range from 7.5W to 25W depending on the configuration, but its default TDP is 15W. The SoC uses Intel HD Graphics 520 that has more dedicated 4K hardware than previous iGPUs, so it can playback 4K videos with ease.
Power delivery for Skylake CPUs is much more complex than that for Broadwell or Haswell CPUs since Intel removed the FIVR. ASRock is using Intel's ISL95857 hybrid-digital power controller, which features three separate outputs for the multiple voltage rails required by the system. ASRock is using multiple CSD87350Q5D NexFETs from Texas Instruments, which are "dual-stacked" MOSFETs (high-side and low-side are integrated into a single package. The VRM component quality is quite high.
One of the HDMI ports is HDMI 1.4, but the other is HDMI 2.0. The HDMI 2.0 is possible because of the MegaChips MCDP2800BB, which changes over one digital video output to HDMI 2.0 for 4K at 60Hz. USB 3.1 is provided by the ASMedia ASM1142.
An Intel i219v PHY is used with the integrated MAC in the PCH to provide the 1Gbit wired NIC. An Intel dual band (2x2) Wireless AC 3160 provides up to 866Mbps Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.
The audio codec is the Realtek ALC283. The SuperIO is the nuvoTon NCT5567.
The unit uses a single 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM that sits in a socket for easy replacement. There is also an ASMedia ASM1442K digital video level shifter to provide the HDMI 1.4a port. There is also a Texas Instruments MUX that allows you to either use HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort at the same time or both HDMI ports at the same time. You cannot use all three display outputs simultaneously.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Beebox-S]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit