970-Gaming SLI Circuit Analysis Continued
The Northbridge is the AMD 970, and the Southbridge is the SB950.
The audio solution on this motherboard is quite good. A Realtek ALC1150 is used as the codec, and a Texas Instruments OP1652 is used as the headphone amplifier. GIGABYTE is also using Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors to improve audio quality. There is also a PCB divide to separate the analog audio domain from the motherboard's digital domain.
You don't see Intel NICs on AMD motherboards every day, and today is an exception. The motherboard uses the Intel i211AT for the 1Gbit NIC on the rear IO panel. The two USB 3.1 ports on the IO panel are from an ASMedia ASM1143 USB 3.1 controller.
Neither the Northbridge nor Southbridge provides USB 3.0, so GIGABYTE added a VLI VL805 to provide two USB 3.0 to the rear IO panel and two more for the internal header. An ICS 9LPRS477DKL is used as a clock buffer.
The main SuperIO is the IT8620E, which provides system monitoring, fan control, COM, and PS/2 on the rear IO. The motherboard does employee GIGABYTE's DualBIOS technology to safeguard motherboard operation in case of BIOS corruption.
There are 15 red LEDs that line the audio divide on the back of the PCB and ten more surround the G1 Gaming logo under the SATA area. You do have the option to disable these LEDs in case you aren't a fan.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE 970-Gaming SLI (AMD 970) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE 970-Gaming SLI (AMD 970) Motherboard retails for $99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam