Thermal imaging reveals that the keyboard doesn't get warm at idle or with low-load tasks. The main source of heat in low-load situations is from the display. When the system is put under load, there is obviously more heat, and while the keyboard gets warm during a game, it doesn't get as hot as the display.
The images were taken after letting Resident Evil 6 benchmark loop for an hour. At idle or low-load, the unit runs cool on the bottom; both fans are active, but they aren't audible. At load, the fans do become audible, but there are two sets of speakers onboard and most people will either use them or headphones which should drown out the fan noise. The unit does get a bit hot on the backside when gaming, but that is to be expected with a gaming notebook.
A shot of the dual exhaust vents shows that the notebook does a good job of removing heat and that the exhaust temperature isn't super high.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for $1989 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for £1499 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This Zelda song is perfect for Halloween
- Red Dead Redemption 2 ships on two discs
- Sony to use blockchain DRM to secure content
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam