System IO Benchmarks
Internal Storage Read Test:
Internal Storage Write Test:
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The P37X v5 uses a 256GB Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD, more specifically the Samsung MZVPV256HDGL. It's the same SSD used in the other notebook on the list and is very common in high-performance notebooks because of its speed. Hard drive speeds are also where they should be. Network performance is quite good as well.
Since the unit has a discrete GTX 980M and a 4K display, I didn't expect the battery to last long at all. The 75.81Wh battery is huge, and it allows you to game straight for many hours. It lasted more than six hours when I ran the benchmark suite, which is much better than I expected considering the heavy loads it encountered.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for $1989 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for £1499 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Gears of War 5 aiming for 4K 60FPS on Xbox One X
- Microsoft teams with Nintendo for Minecraft crossplay fun
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit