X99-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
The X99-Ultra Gaming uses the ALC1150 just like almost all other X99 motherboards. It does use a Texas Instruments OPA1652 headphone amplifier along with multiple Nichicon Gold series audio grade electrolytic capacitors. There is also a physical divide to protect the analog signals in the audio area. There are surface mounted RGB LEDs to illuminate the slits in the shield that covers this area.
The X99-Ultra Gaming uses two 1Gbit NICs. The first is an Intel NIC, which is partially integrated into the PCH and uses the i218v as the PHY (physical layer device). The second is a standalone Killer e2400, which is built for gamers. You don't have to use Killer's software; you have the option to only install drivers.
GIGABYTE is using Intel's Alpine Ridge USB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3 controller in the USB 3.1 configuration. The X99-Ultra Gaming isn't like some other motherboards that will get Thunderbolt 3 certification later on. It only has two PCI-E lanes routed to the chip instead of four and uses the Texas Instruments HDS3212 USB type-c controller and not the Thunderbolt 3 controller.
The motherboard has two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs for DualBIOS but also has QFlash Plus, which allows for BIOS flashing without a CPU installed. QFlash Plus is made possible by the IT8951E embedded controller.
Two NEC D720210 USB 3.0 hubs are used to expand one USB 3.0 port into four. The rear IO panel gets four USB 3.0 through one hub, and the two internal headers also get their bandwidth from one of these hubs.
The main SuperIO is the IT8620E, but for extra fan control, GIGABYTE also implemented an ITE8792E embedded controller. The IT8620E provides some fan control, system monitoring, and PS/2 on the rear IO panel. An IDT6v49322NLG clock generator provides better BCLK overclocking capabilities.
The NXP PCI-E 3.0 quick switches pictured above move around the PCI-E slot bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $280 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £280 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced