This is our new section for video card reviews, with DX12 and VR becoming a huge deal over the course of the last 12 months. We have just a handful of DX12 tests right now, so expect this section of the site and our reviews to grow considerably over the coming months.
The same goes for VR, where we have both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive in house now. We will be testing VRMark for now, which is in Preview form, as well as our thoughts on VR gaming on the HTC Vive with the new GeForce GTX 1080 video card.
DirectX 12 Performance
We have Ashes of the Singularity and Hitman with DirectX 12, with some great results from ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme graphics card.
Overclocking Adventures - Edging Close to 2.1GHz Boost
I expected big things from the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme, and I cannot say I'm disappointed. Our sample was able to get to over 2.1GHz boost speeds but wasn't completely stable. It was holding together in some games, and in others, it would fall over - but at around 2075MHz boost, the GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme was rock solid.
As promised, the IceStorm cooler and its revamped and improved technologies keep the card cool, with the 2 x 90mm EKO fans barely making noise during all of our testing and gaming sessions on the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme. The extra juice out of the GP104-powered card provided some nice improvements in performance, with around 8-15% in most games.
The additional performance was welcomed, as you can see in our 3DMark FireStrike benchmarks:
3DMark Fire Strike - 1080p
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 4K (3840x2160)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obsidian's new Outer Worlds is Epic Store exclusive
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today