Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler Continued
Notice that on the second tower in this cooler; the heat pipes are intended to cool the hot side of the TEC when it is active. Essentially this means that if the CPU is not under stress, only half of the cooler is doing any work.
The intake side of the cooler is the one where the heat pipes are used to remove the heat from the copper base plate that touches the CPU.
In the last couple of images, the base appeared to be polished to a mirror finish, but this close-up image shows marks from machining still present. The base is slightly convex, and the screws are well outside of the contact area.
To access the fan, you need to release two small tabs at the bottom of the cooler. Once that is done, the shroud swings up, allowing you to release the metal hinge pin from the groove we saw it in previously.
Phononic uses a Sansa Ace 92mm fan to cool this dual tower design, which uses a 4-pin connection, but the lead is kept very short, enabling it to be enclosed without the wires getting in the way.
Inside of the HEX 2.0 we see a 4-pin fan plug at the top, which is where the Sans Ace is plugged in. Below that is the circuitry for the TEC controls, with various power leads for the TEC and the LED behind the logo.
Since this cooler is designed to work in a specific way, they are sure to note the air flow direction in the lower part of the fan shroud. So when it comes time to mount the cooler and drop in the fan, be sure the arrow is pointed in the proper direction, or the cooler may suffer in its performance capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner