Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler
The view of the front of the HEX 2.0 is like many air coolers on the market. The sides are angled back; there is a stack of forty aluminum fins, and the four heat pipes for this tower are evenly spread across the fin area.
In a typical installation, this would be the top side of the cooler. Here we find that after the angled bit of fins from the front, the sides of these fins have been bent over to capture and better utilize the air flow. We also see part of the black plastic shroud used to cover the fan, sitting between both towers.
The back of the cooler is identical in shape and design of the front, but this time we can see the back of the fan inside, denoting this being the exhaust of this design. The heat pipes are evenly spread through the tower, but the pipes are bent much tighter into the base on this side.
When installed, this would be the side facing the video cards. We again find the edges of the fins are bent to capture the air flow, but the shroud has changed. On this side, it is much smoother and offers a logo near the bottom which is LED backlit.
Near the top of this same side, we see the connectivity for the HEX 2.0. There is a 4-pin fan connection to control the onboard fan with a mini-USB port right below it to obtain software control. To the right is a 6-pin VGA power plug, and this is what delivers power to the TEC as well as the small PCB controlling how everything works.
At the top of the cooler, the four pipe tips are exposed on either side of the shroud, coming through the top fins which are painted black. Speaking of the shroud, we can see another logo applied to this side too, just below a hinge pin that allows access to the fan, as well as access to mounting hardware.
To protect the nickel plated base, Phononic uses a large plastic sticker which should be plainly visible. Of course, just like with any other cooler, it needs to be removed before installation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit