8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 156K IOPS.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. No surprise here, the 9100 Max eviscerates the competing drives in our test pool, cutting through this demanding test with ease. Of the drives in our test pool, Intel's DC P3700 is the 9100 MAX's closest competition with 94% less performance than the 9100 MAX at QD256. The XC100E5C and XS1715 don't follow the same performance curve this time. The XC100E5C leads the XS1715 from QD16-QD256. The XC100E5C sports the same Microsemi controller as the 9100 MAX, but it is outperformed by the 9100 MAX by a massive 167%.
The 9100 Max trails the field at QD8-16. At QD32 -256 the 9100 Max begins to separate itself from Intel's DC P3700. At QD256, the 9100 Max extends its lead over the DC P3700 to 116K IOPS. Samsung's XS1715 leads the field up to QD32. At QD64 and beyond, the dual controlled DC P3608 flexes some muscle; leading all three Microsemi powered SSDs by roughly 104K IOPS.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The 9100 MAX again wows with incredible pure 8K random write performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dauntless passes 2 million players, new expansion next month
- COD: Black Ops 4 Zombie trailer, undead tigers/time travel
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit