8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 156K IOPS.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. No surprise here, the 9100 Max eviscerates the competing drives in our test pool, cutting through this demanding test with ease. Of the drives in our test pool, Intel's DC P3700 is the 9100 MAX's closest competition with 94% less performance than the 9100 MAX at QD256. The XC100E5C and XS1715 don't follow the same performance curve this time. The XC100E5C leads the XS1715 from QD16-QD256. The XC100E5C sports the same Microsemi controller as the 9100 MAX, but it is outperformed by the 9100 MAX by a massive 167%.
The 9100 Max trails the field at QD8-16. At QD32 -256 the 9100 Max begins to separate itself from Intel's DC P3700. At QD256, the 9100 Max extends its lead over the DC P3700 to 116K IOPS. Samsung's XS1715 leads the field up to QD32. At QD64 and beyond, the dual controlled DC P3608 flexes some muscle; leading all three Microsemi powered SSDs by roughly 104K IOPS.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The 9100 MAX again wows with incredible pure 8K random write performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM