Physical Overview Continued
The monitor can be rotated backward 360 degrees, and Windows 10 will prompt you about changing into tablet mode. In tablet mode, the keyboard is disabled, and a simplified start menu is available. Our screen is the brand new 300 nits 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) OLED with full Touch capabilities. The screen is not matte finish and is not anti-glare; glare is visible in certain conditions. However, the color and brightness of the display combats glare at a straightforward viewing angle, and I had no issues with glare.
I did not go outside with the device, but I was in my office from 10 to 6 and didn't encounter any issues. The colors and detail are extremely vibrant, and the Intel HD Graphics 520 graphics were more than enough to handle the higher resolution. Touch capabilities are not limited to tablet mode. I found myself using touch in many cases in normal notebook mode instead of the mouse since it was just quicker and easier.
The ThinkPad X1 Yoga's stylus is battery powered and sits within a bay when not in use. The notebook will charge the pen when needed. It only takes 15 seconds to charge to 80% and five minutes to charge to 100%. I never encountered a scenario where I was forced to recharge the pen in the middle of using it.
I did remove the rear cover of the device to see what was going on inside. The only thing I saw that could be upgradeable is the M.2 drive, WIFI, and WWAN cards. The slot for WWAN was unoccupied in my version. The M.2 drive is wrapped in some foil that acts as a heat spreader, and I assume it's no coincidence that the M.2 drive is located right below the air intake vents. I have seen this same technique used very successfully in SFF PCs by Intel to cool the latest NVMe based M.2 drives passively through the airflow vacuum created by the CPU fan.
I should mention that the unit was pretty much silent in the majority of scenarios, only in very CPU or iGPU intensive tasks did the fan turn audible, and most of those were synthetic (benchmarks). I will say that if you watch a movie for an extended period or play a game, the fan will become slightly audible. It will only hamper your experience if you mute what you are watching.
PRICING: You can find the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop retails for $1979 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Bungie committed to Destiny for long haul
- Mortal Kombat XI's story takes us back to the past
- Mortal Kombat XI gameplay is fluid, chaotic, and violent
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media