The box is very simple, and none of your money is wasted on overly impressive packaging you will only use once and then store in a closet for as long as the warranty lasts. However, internal packaging ensures the notebook is secure and undamaged upon arrival.
Accessories are limited to a 65W AC/DC power brick and a warranty/setup guide. The power brick is rated at 20v/3.25A. The cord is long, and the notebook uses a proprietary two-contact solution, which looks like a USB header.
The top of the X1 Yoga has a smooth black finish. The top is also flat; I was not able to detect a curve. The letter "I" in ThinkPad lights up red to indicate operating state. The bottom of the device has two slits on either side for speakers, air intake vents, and four rubber feet to ensure the device does not slide around. The bottom is held to the body by nine black Phillips head screws.
The device is remarkably thin for such a powerful device. The monitor is attached to the body by two very strong metal hinges that offer almost 360-degree rotation for tablet mode operation. There are small fan vents at the rear of the device used for exhaust. There is also a flap that hides the microSD card reader and a SIM card slot in case your model has the WWAN modem.
On the left side, we have a charging port, Lenovo's OneLink+ dock port, Mini DisplayPort, and a USB 3.0 port with charging support. On the right is a bay for the battery powered stylus, power button, volume, headset, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, and a Kensington Lock slot.
The QWERTY keyboard is large enough to be useful and not hamper productivity, and all keys are backlit. My only stipulation was the order of the Ctrl and Fn buttons, I prefer the Ctrl to be furthest out, but there is an option in the BIOS to switch these two keys as many others must feel the same way I do. The backlit keyboard is useful in the dark, but don't expect to see the keys lit up in a bright room.
An isometric pointing stick "nub" is centered above the B-key for those who prefer this method of mouse control. Special keys are enabled by default, so it is easier to mute volume than it is to press F1. I found keyboard layout to be intuitive, and the keyboard was comfortable to type on.
The trackpad has a smooth finish, and you can use either the physical buttons or lower zones on the pad for mouse clicks. I ran into trouble when using the trackpad for simultaneous pointer movement and clicking. It was much easier to use the physical buttons for click and drag. I was very impressed with default palm rejection on both the trackpad and touchscreen monitor. The fingerprint sensor works quickly and effectively. Coupled with the Windows 10 built-in fingerprint login feature, and you won't ever have to enter your Windows password again.
Lenovo has equipped with X1 Yoga with a 720p camera and a dual array microphone. I found camera quality to be decent enough for the web.
PRICING: You can find the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop retails for $1979 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit