C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis Continued
Supermicro is using the ALC1150, but unlike many other vendors, they are not using any amplifiers or line drivers. However, audio quality is still quite good, even in our tests, due to the trace path routing.
An ASMedia ASM1142 routes one PCI-E 3.0 lane and supports two USB 3.1 ports through in USB internal header at the bottom of the motherboard. The Intel i219v PHY is being used to compliment the MAC inside the PCH for Intel Gbit Ethernet.
The main SuperIO is the Nuvoton NCT6792D, which provides all voltage, temperature, and fan monitoring and control. It also provides the PS/2 connector and with the GD75232 provides the serial port header. The ASMedia ASM1442K is a level shifter used to provide DVI/HDMI from the digital signal from the CPU's integrated graphics.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $163 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-M Overview]
- Page 3 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series