Packaging and Overview
The C7Z170-M's box is very similar to that of the C7Z170-OCE. The slanted edges and overall aesthetic of the box and packaging are very high quality, different than what I am used to from Supermicro.
Accessories include 4x SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, M.2 screws, driver DVD, and quick reference guide.
The Supermicro C7Z170-M has five fan headers; all of them are 4-pin PWM headers with 2.5A output each. These headers will power 3-pin fans, but speed control is only available on 4-pin PWM mode fans. The motherboard's red and black aesthetics are not only consistent, but they actually look good. Supermicro had a brush with fame a few months back when their H170 motherboard was the first to unlock non-K overclocking, and the C7Z170-M motherboard is a C7H170-M motherboard with a Z-series chipset. The back of the motherboard is bare of most components.
The IO panel on the C7Z170-M carries four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard /mouse port, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, S/PDIF, 1Gbit Ethernet port, and 7.1 audio output.
The PCI-E layout is pretty straightforward. The first PCI-E 16x slot is directly routed to the CPU, the PCI-E 4x slot is routed to the PCH, and the PCI-E 1x slot is routed to the PCH. The board does have a built-in speaker, and right near the speaker is a USB 3.1 internal header.
The C7Z170-M has a single M.2 slot located above the top PCI-E 16x slot. The CMOS battery is located near it for easy removal if you need to clear the CMOS. There is a USB 3.0 header located right below the 24-pin power connector for front panel USB 3.0. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports situated right below the USB 3.0 header.
Supermicro has many jumpers all around the motherboard used to disable controllers and/or features. The front panel headers are located below the SATA ports. There is a BIOS recovery switch located below the PCH heat sink. The motherboard also has power, clear CMOS, and BIOS recovery buttons in the upper right-hand corner of the motherboard.
There is a 4-pin power header located below the CPU area, and this is a peripheral power connector.
The motherboard heat sinks make great contact with the PCH, and they are held down by plastic push pins.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $163 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-M Overview]
- Page 3 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit