Packaging and Overview
The C7Z170-M's box is very similar to that of the C7Z170-OCE. The slanted edges and overall aesthetic of the box and packaging are very high quality, different than what I am used to from Supermicro.
Accessories include 4x SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, M.2 screws, driver DVD, and quick reference guide.
The Supermicro C7Z170-M has five fan headers; all of them are 4-pin PWM headers with 2.5A output each. These headers will power 3-pin fans, but speed control is only available on 4-pin PWM mode fans. The motherboard's red and black aesthetics are not only consistent, but they actually look good. Supermicro had a brush with fame a few months back when their H170 motherboard was the first to unlock non-K overclocking, and the C7Z170-M motherboard is a C7H170-M motherboard with a Z-series chipset. The back of the motherboard is bare of most components.
The IO panel on the C7Z170-M carries four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard /mouse port, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, S/PDIF, 1Gbit Ethernet port, and 7.1 audio output.
The PCI-E layout is pretty straightforward. The first PCI-E 16x slot is directly routed to the CPU, the PCI-E 4x slot is routed to the PCH, and the PCI-E 1x slot is routed to the PCH. The board does have a built-in speaker, and right near the speaker is a USB 3.1 internal header.
The C7Z170-M has a single M.2 slot located above the top PCI-E 16x slot. The CMOS battery is located near it for easy removal if you need to clear the CMOS. There is a USB 3.0 header located right below the 24-pin power connector for front panel USB 3.0. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports situated right below the USB 3.0 header.
Supermicro has many jumpers all around the motherboard used to disable controllers and/or features. The front panel headers are located below the SATA ports. There is a BIOS recovery switch located below the PCH heat sink. The motherboard also has power, clear CMOS, and BIOS recovery buttons in the upper right-hand corner of the motherboard.
There is a 4-pin power header located below the CPU area, and this is a peripheral power connector.
The motherboard heat sinks make great contact with the PCH, and they are held down by plastic push pins.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $163 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-M Overview]
- Page 3 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam