CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
3DMark: Cloud Gate
3DMark: Fire Strike
I have decided to test motherboard performance based upon a standardized 4GHz profile for the new X99 refresh motherboards. The base frequency of the 6950X is 3GHz, but many motherboards boost that base speed, so it's better to test with all cores equalized to find performance differences. I set the memory to 2666MHz with timings of 16-18-18-36 T2 and let the motherboard set the rest.
In this case, the Rampage V Edition 10 is very aggressive with memory overclocking, which is a good thing for performance. The profiles built-in for memory overclocking can help stabilize the system if you have issues, but I did not have any. Overall CPU and memory performance were some of the best I have seen yet.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £589 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage V Edition 10 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]