Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1150 is under an EMI shield. There are two Texas Instruments R45801 amplifiers; one amplifies voltage, and the other amplifies current for the front headphone output. There are multiple Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors for improving audio quality.
Instead of the typical 2x2 867Mbps Wireless AC cards we usually find on motherboards, ASUS has decided to provide a BCM94360, which is a 3x3 1300Mbps WirelessAC/Bluetooth card. ASUS has also included dual Intel 1Gbit NICs. The WGi218v for the integrated MAC in the PCH and the WGI211AT for the second NIC.
ASUS's two USB 3.1 type-A and two USB 3.1 type-C ports are powered by two ASMedia ASM1142 USB 3.1 controllers. Two EtronTech EJ179V handle the type-C ports and power delivery.
That's a lot of PCI-E 3.0 quick switches, and they are used to switch around all the PCI-E bandwidth to provide all the features on the Rampage V Edition 10. All this switching can also cause problems in signal integrity, so ASUS has included re-drivers. Two ASMedia ASM1467 are used to re-drive the NGFF (M.2) PCI-E signals. There is also an ASMedia 1184e used to expand PCI-E lanes for less bandwidth intensive controllers (like WIFI). The specific connections can be found on the previous page's block diagram of the motherboard. Two Texas Instruments DS80PCI800 PCI-E 3.0 8-channel repeaters with equalization improve the signal strength of the PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the CPU to ensure the signal integrity of the two sets of 8x PCI-E 3.0 switched between two PCI-E 16x slots and the U.2 and M.2 ports.
There are two SB3572U RGB LED controllers on the Rampage V Edition 10. One is on the rear shield and one on the front of the PCB. They provide control over individual clusters of RGB LEDs so that you can change the color of the IO area, the mid-board heat sink, PCI-E slot, PCH heat sink, and five regions in the back shield independently.
The ASMedia ASM1074 acts as a USB 3.0 hub for expanding USB 3.0 ports. The main Super IO is the nuvoTon NCT6791D, which provides PS/2 keyboard/mouse and fan control and monitoring.
There is a chip labeled "BIOS" on the motherboard that provides the USB BIOS Flashback feature. There is also a clock generator labeled U59305MY.
There are two of the large ROG chips above and one smaller ROG chip that provides extensive fan control, monitoring, and other ROG features.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £589 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage V Edition 10 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series