EVGA always provides some pretty high-end overclocks on their products, with the GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 rocking some great Boost clocks on the GP104 GPU. The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 has 1721/1860MHz Base/Boost clocks, with its 8GB of GDDR5X clocked at 10GHz - so no overclocking on the GDDR5X, but that's what manual overclocking is here for, right?
Here we have a detailed look at the specifications on the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 video card.
EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 was the first custom GeForce GTX 1080 that I saw at Computex 2016 this year, and I instantly fell in love with the new ACX 3.0 cooler that EVGA used. It's not just a great looking cooler, but it keeps to the 2-slot design which I love - compared to some of the rather large GTX 1080s out there now that are 2.5-slot.
EVGA provides some luscious packaging as always, with the box looking great in person - and it'll attract eyes on retail shelves, too.
The front of the card looks great, with the ACX 3.0 in center view. EVGA has provided some slick branding at the top, with the same at the bottom indicating this is the GeForce GTX 1080. ACX 3.0 branding is splashed at the top, with two double ball bearing 10cm fans keeping the entire card cool. The aesthetics of the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 are out of this world, and we haven't even mentioned the adjustable RGB LEDs, either.
The back of the card is equally as sexy, with a backplate and EVGA branding on the back. The backplate on the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 cards is one of the best-looking backplates I've seen, and sure - the backplate isn't something worth talking about excessively, but looks are a big part of spending more than $600 on a new video card.
The cooling system runs right to the edge, but it doesn't hang over the edge like other custom GTX 1080s.
Even the top of the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 is styled like a boss, with some of the best branding on the top of a video card I've ever seen. It lights up and looks great in a dark case. You can see the ACX 3.0 cooling throughout the card, ending in the 8+8-pin PCIe power connections. The SLI bridge is also covered with a rubber-like material, which provides an additional tick to the premium look. The bottom of the card is plain, with the ACX 3.0 cooler in perfect view, as well as the rather large heat sink array.
EVGA provides 3 x DP 1.4 connections, 1 x HDMI 2.0b and a single DVI connection on the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card.
ACX 3.0 Kicks Some Serious Cooling Ass
EVGA's new ACX 3.0 cooler is an incredible piece of engineering, with enough cooling technology to keep your gaming sessions quiet, and your overclocked card nice and stable.
Right down to the power consumption of the two 10cm fans is considered with EVGA's new ACX 3.0 cooler, where the ACX 3.0 coolers use over 4x less power than competing cards, for better, more stable overclocks.
Don't forget the 8GB of GDDR5X RAM clocked at 10GHz on the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit