So much beauty, so little time.
GIGABYTE's 8-phase true-digitally controlled VRMs work very well. They are using their 76A saturation current FLAT-PAC power inductors from Cooper Bussmann. GIGABYTE is also using 10K FP-CAPs for the output filter.
GIGABYTE is using the tried and true International Rectifier IR3580 8-phase digital PWM for control. The IR3556 are 50A power stages with integrated driver, high-side MOSFET, and low-side MOSFET all in a single package. This VRM is more than enough to power any X99 CPU. The extra pins in the socket also require their own power, and there are more than just a few of them, so multiple Richtek linear regulators are used, and they are controlled by a custom IT8792E embedded controller.
Each set of four DIMMs gets a two-phase VRM for the main DDR4 voltage rail. Each two-phase VRM has a single IR3570 3+2 phase PWM being used in 2+1 phase mode. The extra single phase powers a single phase VPP rail. The power stages are fully integrated IR3553 40A parts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]