So much beauty, so little time.
GIGABYTE's 8-phase true-digitally controlled VRMs work very well. They are using their 76A saturation current FLAT-PAC power inductors from Cooper Bussmann. GIGABYTE is also using 10K FP-CAPs for the output filter.
GIGABYTE is using the tried and true International Rectifier IR3580 8-phase digital PWM for control. The IR3556 are 50A power stages with integrated driver, high-side MOSFET, and low-side MOSFET all in a single package. This VRM is more than enough to power any X99 CPU. The extra pins in the socket also require their own power, and there are more than just a few of them, so multiple Richtek linear regulators are used, and they are controlled by a custom IT8792E embedded controller.
Each set of four DIMMs gets a two-phase VRM for the main DDR4 voltage rail. Each two-phase VRM has a single IR3570 3+2 phase PWM being used in 2+1 phase mode. The extra single phase powers a single phase VPP rail. The power stages are fully integrated IR3553 40A parts.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $453 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £394 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market