Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the DS916+ shares the same routine we have seen in the past for SMB samples. The box while rather plain houses a sticker detailing information about the NAS and its configuration.
The scope of delivery of this solution includes the power adapter, Ethernet cable, and set of screws for securing your drives.
The front of the NAS has that glossy bay cover we have all come to love while the right side houses all the LEDs and power button.
The backside of the NAS has two large cooling fans with the I/O panel down below. From left to right we have dual gigabit Ethernet with power below followed by a Kensington lock slot with eSATA and USB 3.0 below.
Internally, Synology units more often than not use a SAS backplane and as you can see here, the DS916+ is no different.
Drive trays pictured below, are made of 100% plastic. This eliminates drive rattles associated with metal trays while making tool-less installation easier.
With baked in support for the DX513, we thought there was no better opportunity to check out the expansion capabilities, so we had Synology send a unit over with the DS916+.
Included with the DX513 is a power cable, drive screws, and eSATA cable for connecting to the NAS.
The front of the unit shares its aesthetics with the DS1515+ and DS1815+. The power button is placed in the center with status and alert LEDs, while each tray has its own LED built-in for drive activity.
The back of the expansion unit houses two large cooling fans with a Kensington slot to the left with the power input.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $650 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £499 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit