X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis Continued
The X99-Phoenix SLI uses an ALC1150 Realtek codec and a single Texas Instruments OP1652 amplifier for the rear IO output jack. There are 11x Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors and a physical divide of the audio section of the PCB from the rest of the motherboard. The XMP logo in the PCH has RGBs located underneath it, and the audio section has a few RGBs that illuminate the slits in the white shield that covers the audio section. Together, the LEDs produce a neat lighting effect.
GIGABYTE is using Intel's Alpine Ridge USB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3 controller for USB 3.1 functionality. Instead of using four PCI-E lanes from the CPU, and reducing the number of lanes for GPUs, GIGABYTE is directing four PCI-E 2.0 lanes from the PCH to the controller. The controller gets 20Gb/s of bandwidth to supply two 10Gb/s USB 3.1 ports. A Texas Instruments HDS3212 is used as a type-C switch for reversible connectors. The motherboard carries dual Intel Gbit NICs, the first consists of the integrated Gbit MAC in the PCH and an Intel i218v PHY. The second NIC is an Intel WGI211AT.
GIGABYTE is also using Intel's latest 8260NGW Wireless AC/Bluetooth 4.2 M.2 card for wireless connectivity. The motherboard also supports GIGABYTE's QFlash Plus, which allows users to flash the BIOS without having to install a CPU. The IT8951E is an embedded controller that runs QFlash Plus. The board is equipped with dual 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs.
The motherboard also uses two NEC D720210 USB 3.0 hubs to expand two USB 3.0 ports to eight for internal headers and IO panel ports.
An IDT6V49322NLG clock generator provides better BCLK overclocking capabilities. The main SuperIO is the IT8620E, which provides fan control, temperature/voltage monitoring, and PS/2 on the backpanel IO. An IT8792E embedded controller (this is the third embedded controller I found on this board) is programmed to expand fan control, and maybe even to control the RGB LEDs.
I found a large amount of NXP PCI-E 3.0 quick switches to switch around PCI-E bandwidth to the different slots.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $373 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Phoenix SLI Overview ]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced