X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis Continued
The X99-Phoenix SLI uses an ALC1150 Realtek codec and a single Texas Instruments OP1652 amplifier for the rear IO output jack. There are 11x Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors and a physical divide of the audio section of the PCB from the rest of the motherboard. The XMP logo in the PCH has RGBs located underneath it, and the audio section has a few RGBs that illuminate the slits in the white shield that covers the audio section. Together, the LEDs produce a neat lighting effect.
GIGABYTE is using Intel's Alpine Ridge USB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3 controller for USB 3.1 functionality. Instead of using four PCI-E lanes from the CPU, and reducing the number of lanes for GPUs, GIGABYTE is directing four PCI-E 2.0 lanes from the PCH to the controller. The controller gets 20Gb/s of bandwidth to supply two 10Gb/s USB 3.1 ports. A Texas Instruments HDS3212 is used as a type-C switch for reversible connectors. The motherboard carries dual Intel Gbit NICs, the first consists of the integrated Gbit MAC in the PCH and an Intel i218v PHY. The second NIC is an Intel WGI211AT.
GIGABYTE is also using Intel's latest 8260NGW Wireless AC/Bluetooth 4.2 M.2 card for wireless connectivity. The motherboard also supports GIGABYTE's QFlash Plus, which allows users to flash the BIOS without having to install a CPU. The IT8951E is an embedded controller that runs QFlash Plus. The board is equipped with dual 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs.
The motherboard also uses two NEC D720210 USB 3.0 hubs to expand two USB 3.0 ports to eight for internal headers and IO panel ports.
An IDT6V49322NLG clock generator provides better BCLK overclocking capabilities. The main SuperIO is the IT8620E, which provides fan control, temperature/voltage monitoring, and PS/2 on the backpanel IO. An IT8792E embedded controller (this is the third embedded controller I found on this board) is programmed to expand fan control, and maybe even to control the RGB LEDs.
I found a large amount of NXP PCI-E 3.0 quick switches to switch around PCI-E bandwidth to the different slots.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $373 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Phoenix SLI Overview ]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit