Inside the CORE 500 Continued
The motherboard tray is at the bottom of the CORE 500, and it offers only the four standoffs that are preinstalled. If your cooler uses a back plate, be sure to get that on before installing the motherboard. We also see that the front edge offers plenty of tie downs, making sure to keep the front panel wiring out of the way of the video card.
The back of the chassis houses the 140mm; 3-pin powered exhaust fan. We also see the ventilated slot covers, and to remove them, you need to loosen the screw in the gap filler plate, and then remove the screws that release these covers.
The right side of the chassis has a few tricks as well. The bottom is left open for the PSU to vent out of the chassis, but the support rail not only holds a pair of storage drives, but they were also sure to cut out the middle to make wiring easy to do.
Four screws hold in the bays, and they slide back a bit, and will fall out of the top rails. The top rail system also uses four screws, and the front lifts away to allow the back edge to come out of the chassis. You may also install optional cooling to the rack outside of the case, simplifying that task as well.
Lastly, we come down to the chassis wiring. The wiring is long enough to be tied down cleanly and still got to every connection on our motherboard. Coming from the bottom of the front I/O panel, we are given a ribbon cable for the LEDs and switches, and HD Audio connection, and a native USB 3.0 connection.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM