Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Compressible sequential read/write transfers max out at 563/529 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. Maximum sequential read performance is achieved at a 1MB transfer size, maximum sequential write performance at 256KB transfers. Sequential write performance comes in 10MB/s lower than factory specifications for the 960GB model. Although not shown with a screenshot, the 480GB model exceeds factory sequential specifications for both read and write.
The 480GB Neutron XTi delivers better sequential write performance than the 960GB model. The 480GB model delivers the best sequential performance of the drive's in our test pool from 16KB to 8MB transfers. S10 powered SSDs have always delivered best in class sequential performance.
The 960GB Neutron XTi, overall, outperforms the field when reading sequential data. We note the especially strong small file performance of the 960GB model; it is much better than the 480GB model. We are surprised that the 960GB Neutron XTi is able to essentially match the small file performance of the 850 Pro and EVO.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. Both Neutron XTi capacity points score over 5000, which is always a good indication that a drive is capable of delivering top-notch performance.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The Neutron's are both outperformed by Samsung's 850 Series SSDs, however, they both handily outperform Mushkin's Reactor.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Samsung's 850 series SSDs deliver the best performance up to QD8. At QD8-32 the 960GB Neutron XTi takes the lead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz