Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued
ASRock is using the ALC1150 with two NE5532 amplifiers for the rear and front panel headphone outputs. ASRock is also using a physical PCB divide for the audio domain and nine Nichicon Gold series electrolytic capacitors to improve audio performance.
An ASMedia ASM1142 is used for the backpanel USB 3.1 type-A and type-C. An EtronTech EJ179V is used as the USB 3.1 type-C switch and power delivery controller.
ASRock is using the Intel i219v Gbit PHY to compliment the Gbit MAC integrated into the PCH. The extra two SATA6Gb/s ports are from the ASMedia ASM1061.
ASRock is using the IDT 6v41542NLG for the clock buffer for better BCLK overclocking. The main SuperIO on the motherboard is a nuvoTon NCT6791D, which is quite common and should be compatible with many software applications.
Four NXP L04083B PCI-E 3.0 quick switches move 8x of CPU PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth between the first two slots. There is one other switch located near the PCH region for switching SATA bandwidth. There are eight yellow LEDs on the backside of the PCB that illuminate the ASRock logo on the edge of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z170M OC Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z170M OC Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $219 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170M OC Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender