Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued
ASRock is using the ALC1150 with two NE5532 amplifiers for the rear and front panel headphone outputs. ASRock is also using a physical PCB divide for the audio domain and nine Nichicon Gold series electrolytic capacitors to improve audio performance.
An ASMedia ASM1142 is used for the backpanel USB 3.1 type-A and type-C. An EtronTech EJ179V is used as the USB 3.1 type-C switch and power delivery controller.
ASRock is using the Intel i219v Gbit PHY to compliment the Gbit MAC integrated into the PCH. The extra two SATA6Gb/s ports are from the ASMedia ASM1061.
ASRock is using the IDT 6v41542NLG for the clock buffer for better BCLK overclocking. The main SuperIO on the motherboard is a nuvoTon NCT6791D, which is quite common and should be compatible with many software applications.
Four NXP L04083B PCI-E 3.0 quick switches move 8x of CPU PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth between the first two slots. There is one other switch located near the PCH region for switching SATA bandwidth. There are eight yellow LEDs on the backside of the PCB that illuminate the ASRock logo on the edge of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z170M OC Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z170M OC Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $219 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170M OC Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK Z170M OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada