Yet Another Power Efficient GeForce GTX 1080
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition did nothing but sip power, with our entire Core i7-5960X system consuming only 230W while under load. The GTX 1080 itself will use 180W, while the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G consumes up to 250W with its additional 6-pin PCIe power connector - but did we find the card using more power than the Founders Edition? We did, but not that much more.
Temperature & Noise
This is the most impressive part of the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, is its thermal and acoustic performance. The GTX 1080 Founders Edition could get quite hot, but the MSI card doesn't get anywhere near as hot - and it's completely and utterly silent under the strongest of loads. Our card was pushing 66C during extensive Heaven and Metro benchmarking, while not making a sound at all. The fans were spinning, but the card wasn't running hot enough that the Torx 2.0 fans had to spin up too much. Beyond impressive, MSI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - The First Custom GTX 1080 We've Tested]
- Page 2 [MSI's Twin Frozr VI Cooler, Custom PCB, and RGBs]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12 & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series