Inside the Core X31
Removing the front bezel is easy using the cutout at the bottom to grip and pull the panel from the frame. Inside of the bezel we see dust filters in the removable bays, and a larger one in the lower intake section. The front of the chassis has slots for fan installation so they can adjust as needed, and we also see screws in the front of the optical bay trays, which allows for their removal.
Inside of the Core X31, we see that the wiring is run behind the motherboard tray, in through a grommet, and then gets tucked below the PSU cover, so there is no way for it to damage the window. It is hard to see from this angle, but inside of the top HDD tray, we did find a bag of hardware to use for installation.
The pair of 5.25" bays are offered with tool-free clips on this side of the bays. Both sides can be secured with screws if desired, and of course, as we addressed, they can be fully removed if desired.
Tucked in the bottom of the chassis, just behind the 120mm intake fan, we find an HDD rack sitting on a pedestal. They three trays inside will house either a 3.5" or a 2.5" storage drive, and these trays can also be relocated outside of this rack. That is because this HDD rack is removable as well.
We had to remove twelve Phillips head screws to get the bays out of the Core X31. Once these are out of the way, it opens the top for longer water cooling options, and opens the front third of the main chassis section, allowing for more water cooling gear.
The top of the chassis offers grooves to keep 120mm and 140mm cooling offset to the left side of the chassis. This helps keep things away from the memory when using radiators. Keep in mind, there is also a band of slots on the right side too, to allow two 200mm fans in here.
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake Core X31 Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermaltake Core X31 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $90 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermaltake Core X31 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £83 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner