X170-Extreme ECC Circuit Analysis Continued
The Core3Di audio chipset (CA0132) sits under the metal shield and is a quad-core audio processor from Creative. A Texas Instruments DRV632 is used as the line-driver for the backpanel output, and an OPA2134 amplifier is used for the front panel and sits in a replaceable socket. A TPS65130 provides +/- 15v for the full range of OAMP support, it is located between PCIE1X_3 and PCIEX8. There are also different sizes of Nichicon Gold Series electrolytic audio capacitors and a PCB divide is illuminated by 11 backside RGB LEDs and 5x topside RGB LEDs.
The board carries two Gbit NICs, a Killer e2400 and Intel i219LM (workstation class NIC), offering choice, but I would assume many users would have preferred both Intel on a workstation class motherboard. The motherboard also carries Intel's Alpine Ridge controller, the DSL6540, which provides USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 depending on the design. A TPS65982 is used to provide USB power delivery and type-C switching.
For HDMI 2.0 a MegaChips MCDP2800 is used. We can also see a glimpse of the DAC-UP circuitry powered by a Richtek RT8288A. An NEC D720210 is used as a USB 3.0 hub for the front panel USB 3.0 headers.
An ASMedia ASM1061 is used to provide two SATA6Gb/s ports. The SuperIO is the IT8628E, and the motherboard uses two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs for redundancy.
There are four ASMedia 1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches that are used to switch 8x of bandwidth from the CPU between the first and second 16x slots. Two other ASM1480s switch 4x between the bottom M.2 slot and the third PCI-E 16x slot. Three other PCI-E quick switches move SATA bandwidth to provide RAID capability for the M.2 slots.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X170-Extreme ECC (Intel C236) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X170-Extreme ECC (Intel C236) Motherboard retails for $316 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X170-Extreme ECC (Intel C236) Motherboard retails for £203 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct