One of the main differentiators for Samsung SSD's from the majority of the competition is that they are complete in-house products. Samsung manufactures all of the major components utilized on their SSDs. This gives Samsung an advantage in production costs, research and development, as well as quality control. Samsung has been offering TLC SSD's for years and not one of them suffers from low performance common to the majority of TLC SSDs on the market. Competing flash manufactures have been much later to board the TLC train, and as such don't offer TLC-based products that are as powerful and refined as what Samsung has to offer. There are lower cost alternatives on the market, but what you save in cost you also lose in the way of performance.
We feel that Samsung's 750 EVO really fills a gap in Samsung's product stack. The 120GB and 240GB 750 EVO's have plenty of performance, class-leading performance, but fell a bit short for users that want more capacity. One of the main drawbacks inherent to planar TLC SSDs has always been and continues to be sustained write performance. The 500GB 750 EVO's superior sustained write performance almost remedies this drawback. It doesn't sustain writes as well as more expensive MLC-based SSDs, or the 850 EVO, but it does deliver the best sustained write transfer rate of any planar-based TLC drive on the market by a large margin.
Samsung's 500GB 750 EVO running as our OS disk delivers a tier-1 SSD experience. Like all of Samsung's SSDs, the 750 EVO is responsive, boots like lightening and handles multi-tasking with ease. We can attribute the outstanding user experience we get from the 750 EVO directly to its superior low queue random performance. For those of you that want even more performance from your 750 EVO, RAPID mode can be enabled provided you are running the drive in AHCI mode.
With a 500GB capacity point and now worldwide availability, Samsung's 750 EVO has a lot to offer at a competitive price point. Samsung's 500GB 750 EVO has earned an Editor's Choice award and a TweakTown recommendation.
- Moderate Workload Performance
- RAPID Mode
- Random Read/Write Performance
- Competitive Price Point
- Heavy Workload Performance
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||97%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: At a 500GB capacity point, Samsung's 750 EVO is even more appealing than before. Simply stated, the 500GB 750 EVO is the best performing planar-based TLC SSD on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – Max IOPS, Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit