Inside the LAPDOG and Installation
Following the instructions, we are first shown to remove a pair of screws, allowing the removal of the aluminum top section on the LAPDOG. This exposed a deep cavity that allows a place for the peripherals cabling to be routed. We also found a bag containing a pair of zip-ties to tie wiring to a pair of tie-down loops in the bottom of the cavity.
The next step is to pull out four screws this time, and this allows the removal of the mouse pad section on top. Under the mouse pad plate, there is a ton of room, and we can see the USB hub at the top.
The left side of the USB hub offers a pair of USB 3.0 ports to power the mouse and keyboard used with the LAPDOG. On the right side is a programming port, as our best guess, but is no real use to the end-user.
The instructions do not say to open the top of the hub, but we were already here and figured why not take a look inside as well.
Back to the step-by-step instructions, after removing the mouse pad, if you are not using a TKL keyboard, you also need to remove this third section along the bottom. This plate allows the LAPDOG to accommodate both TKL's with it in place, and 104-key keyboards if it is removed.
Corsair also sent along a keyboard and mouse to keep a theme alive with the LAPDOG. We have here the K70 mechanical keyboard from Corsair sporting Cherry MX red switches, and we are also using the Sabre RGB mouse to complete the setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games