Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center
In the standalone version, this is the LAPDOG, fresh out of the box. What we find is that the majority of the top is exposed black brushed aluminum, and what is not exposed aluminum is all the room to the right for a mouse. The opening is big enough for a TLK keyboard as it sits, but this also fits 104-key designs as well.
The right end of the LAPDOG is where the external pair of USB 3.0 ports are found, near the back of the control center. The left side is identical to this, sans the ports. But both offer a shiny plastic insert inside of the textured plastic surrounding them.
As we round the corner to the back of the LAPDOG, we find the 12V input to power the USB 3.0 hub, a tiny LED lit power indicator, and the single USB 3.0 port that connects to the PC via the supplied cable.
Along the back, Corsair dressed it up for anyone else that is in the room. Although you do not see this as the user, the chromed Corsair logo and trapezoidal design along this side, do at least dress things up.
Under the LAPDOG, we find a vast expanse of textured black plastic, into which, six magnets have been inset. There are no feet or anything rubberized, so we strongly advise the use of the lap pad in conjunction with this.
The lap pad offers a textured plastic frame with matching magnets on the side we cannot see. The padded area is made of memory foam, and it is contoured to fit between your legs, as well as being angled to keep the LAPDOG as flat as possible. This pad is cloth covered, and that along does offer some grip against your clothing.
To continue with the LAPDOG and installation of a keyboard and mouse, you will need to flip over the lap pad, and in the center, you will find this Allen screwdriver clipped into it. This is what will allow you to remove the various panels, and get your gear installed in just a few minutes' time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- I am a little OCD b450m pro4 temperature sensors
- Is the X399M Taichi discontinued or something?
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct