Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
The packaging for our LAPDOG is pretty basic. The box is shiny and black, and all of the text is presented in white. On the top of the box, the Corsair name is under the fragile sticker at the left, the LAPDOG name is large and bold, and to the right it is said to be a Gaming Control Center.
On the longer side, we did cut off the Corsair name and logo to the left, but we kept the important bits. This says we can have "living room gaming with no compromise," while the far right end offers a list of five features to read over.
On this smaller end, things are kept short and sweet. You get the company name and logo, the product name in the largest font, and the type of product it is at the bottom.
The other of the long sides of the box offers the Corsair name, and the LAPDOG naming we seen on the other side, but this time we cut it down even more. This bit is imperative. Due to the design of the LAPDOG, you can only use Corsair K70 series and K65 series keyboards.
This smaller end of the box condenses what we saw on the opposing end, and shifts it to the left just a bit. This allows then to add in the product sticker at the bottom, and we assume the large white box will be used to display combination keyboard kits.
Inside of the box, we find a compartment to the far right with a cable and power adapter in it, while the LAPDOG takes up the rest of the internals. The lap pad is at the bottom, wrapped in plastic, and under a layer of cardboard. On the top, we find the main component of the LAPDOG, also wrapped in plastic, and it all uses dense foam to support and protect this product from damages, and it works perfectly in doing so.
As part of the kit, we were shipped this 100 – 240V two-pronged power adapter to deliver 12V to the USB 3.0 hub. This means you can power all four ports at once without having to worry about if the USB cable carries enough power to it.
To connect the LAPDOG to the PC, Corsair offers this cable. Here we have a rubberized cable that contains both a USB 3.0 extension cable, but also incorporates the 12V power line as well. The best part is that this cable measures seventeen feet in length, and should be long enough for most situations.
The instruction manual covers the LAPDOG and everything else you need to know about it. It starts off with two sections depending on which keyboard type you want to install. It then shows the installation process step-by-step, making sure to cover everything needed to get gaming from the couch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit